[sync] ActiveSync attachments not downloading, disappearing on devices

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Nov 21 23:02:16 UTC 2014

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Volker Then <horde40 at volkerthen.com>:
>>
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> since a few days there is a problem with ActiveSync on certain
>>> devices. Some of my users report the following issues:
>>>
>>> - Outlook 15: Most attachments (jpgs, pdfs) are not getting
>>> downloaded. Some get downloaded up to 50%, some others aren't
>>> visible at all.
>>>
>>> - iOS devices: After tapping on the attachment, it gets downloaded
>>> and then it's visible for a few milliseconds until it disappears
>>> totally.
>>>
>>> I keep the horde pear packages up-to-date on an weekly basis.
>>> Recently there was an update of the ActiveSync package. Could this
>>> be the problem?
>>>
>>> In the logfiles (debug and activesync) I see nothing unusual.
>>>
>>> The horde server is running on a Debian squeeze machine, PHP
>>> 5.3.3-7+squeeze22.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any help,
>>
>> *sigh*
>>
>> It seems that actually correctly performing MIME truncation
>> actually breaks these clients. I give up.
>
> This was actually my fault.
>
> Should be fixed in Git (fixes in both Core and ActiveSync). Will
> push a new release after I run/test for a bit more in my personal
> production.

I pushed the releases for this, as everything seems good.

There is some issue with emails originally containing only plaintext
leaking mime boundry text that I'm still looking into, but I think
that's due to some recent changes in Horde_Mime since they still occur
when the ActiveSync changes are backed out.

--
mike
The Horde Project