[sync] Shared Calendar Syncing

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Fri May 1 14:18:04 UTC 2015

Dear All,

I have 6 users who all need read/write access to one users calendar.
This is a huge calendar (2000 events for the current year) and the
users would like a desktop app (windows 7) to manage said calendar.

What's the best way to achieve this?

I'm running Horde Groupware 5.2.5. I'm aware shared calendar support
isn't in the synchronization preferences and I'm willing to sponsor
that feature if need be, or if there's another way? I've tried
'ical4ol' (you can use different credentials for different
connections) but only the full ICS sync worked, so it would spend a
few seconds downloading/uploading the entire calendar - not ideal with
6 users accessing it at the same time.

I've got Outlook 2010/Funambol working nicely for a single users
calendar, but I don't know what it would do with a shared calendar.

I've tried Thunderbird/Lightning and it throws an access-denied error
whenever I try to modify an event, even if I'm using the credentials
for the calendar owner.

Any suggestions on how to achieve a shared calendar with a desktop app?

Many thanks,

Tim