[sync] Nokia Kronolith SyncML problem

Daniel Schaller temp2 at ichbinweg.ch
Fri Nov 27 22:26:43 UTC 2015

Hello,

I tried hard but don't get an old N97 Nokia phone properly synced with Kronolith through SyncML. My installation is very recent (5.2.11 groupware). There are no issues on the protocol level, the sync succeeds with no errors it's just that not all entries from the phone are in Kronolith afterwards. From the logs I get the following:

DEBUG: HORDE Handling <Add> sent from client
DEBUG: HORDE [kronolith] SQL INSERT INTO kronolith_events

These two lines occur repeatedly, actually as many times as there are calendar entries on the phone. But at one point I see the following:

DEBUG: HORDE Handling <Add> sent from client
DEBUG: HORDE [kronolith] SQL DELETE FROM kronolith_events
DEBUG: HORDE [kronolith] SQL DELETE FROM kronolith_events
DEBUG: HORDE [kronolith] SQL DELETE FROM kronolith_events
DEBUG: HORDE [kronolith] SQL DELETE FROM kronolith_events
DEBUG: HORDE [kronolith] SQL INSERT INTO kronolith_events

As an <Add> request from SyncML is processed many previously added events are deleted before the one to be added is put into the database. Anyone any hint on what causes this behavior? To sum up, all events to be synced get into the kronolith_events database but some of them are removed right away during the sync process.

Any help is most welcome.

Daniel