[sync] CalDAV/CardDAV with Windows Phone 8.1

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Dec 15 15:27:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

one of our users is trying to sync his address book and calendars from
the Horde server to his mobile running Windows Phone 8.1.  Using
ActiveSync is not an option, so CalDAV/CardDAV is the only way to do it.
  While Windows Phone does not come with a native client that claims to
do CalDAV/CardDAV, the client for "iCloud" can be used to achieve this,
because it uses, in fact, CalDAV/CardDAV and can be configured to use a
specific server name etc., so it isn't limited to syncing just with iCloud.

Does anyone have experience in using CalDAV/CardDAV with Windows Phone
and Horde?

In our user's experiments, I can see that proper requests arrive at the
web server running horde.  The autoconfig seems to work and there are
requests both for specific address books (e.g. "PROPFIND
/rpc.php/addressbooks/foo/contacts~2cf02ad3e4c002e0e2c3fba42e0156cc/"
and "PROPFIND /rpc.php/addressbooks/foo/contacts~favourites/") and
calendards, but on the client side, nothing is shown.  I don't really
have a clue what might be wrong.  Any hint would be welcome.

Jens