[sync] Syncing shared folders

Ralph Sikau r.sikau at parabol-pictures.de
Sat Sep 16 13:46:32 UTC 2017

Michael J Rubinsky schrieb:

> Quoting Ralph Sikau <r.sikau at parabol-pictures.de>:
>
>> Michael J Rubinsky schrieb:
>>
>>> Quoting Ralph Sikau <r.sikau at parabol-pictures.de>[1]:

>>> Synchronization requires that the user synchronizing have edit
>>> permissions on the source. This is due to the fact that ActiveSync
>>> does not provide any permissions checking, it assumes the user
>>> owns the resources being synchronized.
>>
>> Even with read and write permissions ActiveSync does not synchronise
>> the shared folders to Android on the client side. After many
>> tests     that
>> is obvious. The alternative is to sync these folders with
>> caldav/carddav.
>
> You must enable "support separate address books" in the sync
> preferences for Turba, and the Android sync client must support it
> (most current clients do).

Nope. That does not help either. Shared folders are not shown in the
selection for being synchronized, only your own folders - both in turba
and kronolith. Wether or not "support separate address books" is enabled
does not change anything. Our Android sync client is the app Nine which
is capable to handle separate folders.