[sync] Using activesync with git version of horde: RESOLVED

Mike barjunk at attglobal.net
Sat Oct 16 15:30:59 UTC 2021

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Am 14.10.21 um 17:49 schrieb Mike:
>>
>> Quoting Mike <barjunk at attglobal.net>:
>>
>>> Ralf,
>>>

>>> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> <>>>>>>> Hi Mike,

>>> <snip>

>>> <snip>
>>>

>>> I don't get any of the menu items that are related to ActiveSync
>>> that I have in my older install.
>>>
>>> This is still my problem.  I've included the image for your use.
>>>
>>> Thanks for taking the time on this.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> Thoughts on things to try?
>>
> What kind of error do you get when you actively enter this URL:
>
> https://yoursite.com/horde/admin/activesync.php

Thanks for push in the right direction.  I'm embarrassed to say I
didn't enable it in the configuration.  This is what I get for using
packages that do all the work for you...I've become entitled and lazy.
:)  To my defense, it has been a while since I've built one from
scratch.

Thanks for the guidance!

The steps to figure this out were:

as the admin go to - https://<yoursite.com>/horde/admin/activesync.php

This gave me an error about it not being active.

After I activated it in the configuration and saved it, I then logged
out and back in again and the ActiveSync menu item appeared as I
expected.

Then I set the permissions as I had in my older setup.

This isn't tested yet, but I believe it will work as before.

Mike