[thor] Proposed Thor changes

Carlos Pedrinaci cpedrinaci at yahoo.es
Sun Feb 29 09:29:26 PST 2004

Given that definition of what an Objective is I think that we could see
a Project (from the Plan point of view) as:

* Project-Plan:
---------------
A Project-Plan is composed of (0..*) Project-Plans (of its Sub-Projects
if any) and (1..*)Objectives.
There may exist the typical relations between them (End-End, Start-End,
etc..).
Every Project-Plan has a set of costs estimations and may have some
"known costs".
These are all derived from the Project-Plans and Objectives that compose
the current Project-Plan.

* Objective:
------------
An Objective is composed of (0..*)Objectives and (1..*)Tasks (Nag Tasks)
It has also these pieces of information:
>   * Description of problem
>   * Description of solution
>   * Estimated number of hours to implement.
>   * Test script (human-readable instructions on how to prove that the
>     modification was made and works)
>   * Estimated number of quality assurance hours.
>   * Required resources (conference rooms, projectors, particular
>     employee (Joe Fabetes), or a class of employee (Web Designer) etc.)
>   * The objective's history (using Horde_History::)
>   * Business case information about the objective (estimated ROI, net
>     present value, how the return is generated e.g. labor savings or
>     revenue increase or increased accuracy, etc.)
>   * The objective's state (e.g. "initial", "agreed", "completed",
>     "in progress", "cancelled")
>   * Required expenses (e.g. hardware purchases).
>   * Dependencies (on other objectives).

See that I clearly make the difference between a Project and a
Project-Plan as I also want Thor to serve as a Project Repository a la
SourceForge.

I'm not sure about whether the fields you want to add to the Project
should be part of the Project itself or part of the Project-Plan. I tend
to see them more as part of the Project-Plan mainly because that
information strongly depends on the company. We should allow some sort
of customization for that... but this doesn't seem obvious to achieve.

Carlos.