[trean] Problems with Trean - Impossible to save anything

G G Papazoglou grp at med.uoc.gr
Tue Feb 11 13:19:42 PST 2003

> Whenever I try to Import bookmarks, or simply add a bookmark, it apparently
> works (for example it states "bookmarks succesfully imported"), but then
> when it goes back to visualization, it shows the folloiwng error:

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getshortname() in
> /home/virtual/site46/fst/var/www/html/webmail/trean/templates/browse/categor
> ies.inc on line 5

As stated in a previous post of mine, I have been facing the same
problem as described above. I am not familiar with PHP,
but I can understand that in that instant described above,
getshortname() is undefined, but this is not always the case.
For example, this function seems to
return its value correctly in other cases (eg. when browsing the
imported bookmarks). The temporary solution was to remove the
function call from categories.inc and bookmarks.inc, which of
course results in no header displayed with the current
sub-category name.

> Furthermore, it is impossible to create sub-categories (even if it does not
> report any error, and states "category succesfully created")

This one works for me, though.

Greg