[trean] Install Problems

Derek H Slama dslama at derekslama.com
Mon Feb 24 13:38:23 PST 2003

Hi Guys!

First Post here. I am very interested in Trean. It would be an excelent
solution to my problem. I have 3 mail workstations and many bookmarks to keep
synchronised. I already have a Horde installation running fine with IMP, Turba,
and Nag. I am using Red Hat 8.0, Apache 2.4.4, PHP 4.3.1, Horde 2.2.1, IMP 3.2.
I got the latest CVS using the following commands:

export CVSROOT=username at cvs.horde.org:/repository
cvs co trean

I then moved it to the /mail/trean directory in my WWW root. I looked at the
INSTALL file and wasn't able to make much sense as the
horde/config/registry.php file didn't have an entry for trean. So I decided to
make my own by borrowing from the Kronolith one above:

$this->applications['trean'] = array(
    'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../trean',
    'webroot' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/trean',
    'icon' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/trean/graphics/bookmar
ks.gif',
    'name' => _("Bookmarks"),
    'allow_guests' => false,
    'status' => 'active'
);

I then renamed the prefs.php.dist file and logged into Horde. I clicked on
bookmarks and got the folowing error:

Some of Trean's configuration files are missing:
conf.php This is the main Trean configuration file. It contains options for all
Trean scripts.

I noticed that there is a conf.xml file.
I also don't know about logging into Horde as an Administrator. I don't see an
Administrative icon when I login. Any advise you could give would be
appreciated. I looked through the archives and saw one occurance of this but, I
wasn't able to see how he solved his problem. I hope that this project really
takes off.

Derek Slama