[trean] I can't use the "Add to bookmarks" JS in head.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed May 7 18:12:41 PDT 2003

I apologize for replying to my own post but I did some more testing to
confirm what I am seeing because even I was doubting it. :-)

Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp at encontacto.net>:

| Every time I try to bookmark a page using the "Add to bookmarks"
| JS either with Phoenix, Mozilla-devel, Mozilla-1.3 I try to
| bookmark a page and it takes me to a login screen, I login and
| the link is lost.  Before I would sometimes go back to the
| original page after logging in and then bookmark the page but
| now the JS just takes me to a login screen each time.
|
| I'm running today's cvs head version of everything.  I'm pretty sure that
| this has changed in the last couple of weeks.  I'm not sure exactly when but
| I was still bookmarking a week or so ago but am not sure of the date of the
| sources.  At first I thought it was a browser issue and didn't pay any
| attention.
|
| I've also been having occasional and somewhat illogical issues with
| sessions and have had to erase the sessions files to be able to login
| after expiring and occasionally after logging out and only one frame
| closing.  I haven't been able to duplicate it with consistency but I'm
| wondering if the two couldn't be related.
|
| I can't find any errors logged anywhere.
|
| Is anyone else seeing or not seeing this with a current head version of all?

I just confirmed this with the same browsers by switching to head from April
30 and the bookmarks worked as expected.  I logged out and switched back to
the current version and couldn't login without erasing the sessions files in
the tmp dir and closing and reopening the browser, at least, that worked
for me.:-)  Bookmarks don't want to work in head for me.

Thanks,

ed