[turba] Sql driver error message

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:03:31 -0500

Quoting Lee Nash <lee@badencorp.com>:

> I've just installed turba in an effort to get working contacts manager working
> with IMP.  I'm trying to use the SQL driver and I'm getting an error when I
> try to do a search.  Here is the error:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: query() in ./lib/Driver/sql.php on
> line 64

This means that the connection to the database failed for some reason.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Entropy. It's what's for dinner.

Date: Tue,  6 Feb 2001 14:58:42 -0500
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Cc: turba@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [dev] Turba configuration, sql settings

Quoting Michael Bull <mbull@uoguelph.ca>:

> When I click on "add", I get the menu bar with no content (effectively
> blank, but it still looks like turba).  My sources.php makes reference to
> using a table named "addresses",  one of the default settings still in
> there, however I have no such table in my database -- nor could I find any
> mention of it in the docs or list archives.    I tried using
> "Turba_Objects", which did exist, as the table... but I still get the blank
> screen.  FWIW, I'm using postgres.

You appear to have been _just_ ahead of me. =) I just finished the nicer UI for
add - the initial commit of add functionality required that you specify a
source in the query string. Update your cvs as of my last commit, and it should
now work.

Note: if you're going to use the SQL driver, at least with mysql and possibly
postgres, too, make SURE that you are using the latest DB.php from php4 (pear)
cvs. DB::isError() considered null not an error in the older code, and that
breaks things badly in some cases (infinite-loop badly).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me