[turba] Re: Contact Management

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:18:00 -0400

Quoting James Tavares <jtavares@loa.com>:

> I think we could make a firm stand on a single local TurbaSource being the
> exclusive provider for all contacts and groups, within the realm of a
> personal address book. Also, are we looking to make cross-database links.
> I.e., an LDAP Group having members as follows:

Yes.

> I really don't see a viable use for this, and really would rather not
> thinking about implementing it (especially since it would pretty much void
> my LDAP proposals above) I mean, does someone really need to link between
> TWO local address books? I can see HAVING two different local address books
> and using both, but linking between them? That seems like extra bloat for
> me.. Your thoughts?

Example: my company has an exchange server that I can search through LDAP. But
I can't add my _own_ entries through LDAP. So I'd like to be able to create
local groups in my personal addressbook that refer to the entries in LDAP.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.