[turba] Groups....

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:22:19 -0400

Quoting James Tavares <jtavares@loa.com>:

> I added two functions to the LDAP & SQL Driver interface:
>
> Associates $child_id to the parent $object_id via $object_key:
>     addChildObject($object_key, $object_id, $child_id)
>
> Deassociates $child_id from the parent $object_id via $object_key:
>     removeChildObject($object_key, $object_id, $child_id)
>
> In LDAP:
>     addChildObject adds $child_id to the "memberObjectID" attribute.
>     removeChildObject removes $child_id from the "memberObjectID"
> attribute.
>
> In SQL:
>     addChildObject inserts into ObjectMap names (ParentID, ChildID) values
> ($object_id, $child_id).
>     removeChildObject removes where ParentID=$object_id and ChildID=$child_id
> from the ObjectMap table.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing full patches for this stuff and what
you've been talking about in your other emails - it'd be great to get an
implementation of groups into Turba so we can work the kinks out, even if it's
not perfect at first.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>

Taurus:
You will receive an urgent transmission from the Martian government informing
you that Mars does not, in fact, need women, so please stop sending them.