LDAP attributes

Rick Romero Rick@valeoinc.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:29:06 -0500

I having some isssues with my LDAP server, and turba.

My LDAP server is a Netware 5.1 server.  I have no issues
gathering information (although my fullname attribute doesn't work
for some reason), but I want to know if it's possible to 'easily'
modify the output.

For example, I use:
--------cut-----------
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => 'person',
        'filter' => ''
    ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'cn',
        'name' => 'givenname',
        'email' => 'mail',
        'alias' => 'surname'
--------cut-----------
In my sources.php (latest cvs 8/15/01)
It displays as:
Name:
Rick
Email:
shelby@test1.com, abuse@test2.com, postmaster@test2.com,
webmaster@test2.com, rick@test2.com, SMTP-
Proxy@test2.com, postmaster@www.test2.com,
rick@www.test2.com, SMTP-Proxy@www.test2.com,
webmaster@www.test2.com, apache@www.test2.com,
apache@webserver.test2.com

My mailserver (Mercury/32) supports LDAP addresses as aliases.
That's why there are so many (multiple domains - shelby is my wife
long story)
Anyways.  I'm looking for two things, somewhat related:
in sources.php the ability to:
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'cn',
        'name' => 'givenname,surname',
        'email' => 'givenname'.'@test2.com',
        'alias' => 'surname'

Now I realize that the above is completely invalid PHP, but I think
my brain is dead today.  I can't seem to absorb any of the array
stuff.. I got lost as soon as I couldn't find strcat at php.net...
I think the 'name' one could work, I assume I'm assigning a 'real'
ldap attribute to the array to query for, but spaces and commas
don't work in the string.  I can't seem to find the ldap query, or
maybe it's just looking too greek today..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Rick Romero

IT Manager