[turba] List all entries ?

Rick Romero Rick@valeoinc.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:50:31 -0500

On 20 Aug 2001, at 19:21, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Frederic Trudeau <ftrudeau@CAM.ORG>:
>
> > isnt there a function to list all entries in the addressbook ?
>
> You just volunteered to write it. How are you going to handle Bigfoot? ;)

with ldap_search_s of course :)

It's been a few years, I don't even remember what the _s stands for,
but If I remember right, you can tell the LDAP server to get *, first
20 entries.  it's not dynamic(ldap_search), where you print out the
entries as you recieve them from the server, the server gathers
them all, then sends them back

But a quick glance at php.net doesn't show 2 different ldap_search
functions.  Ahh synchronous.  (developer.novell.com - search for
ldap_search)  But I can't pull any of the actual docs...

In any case, unless I'm wrong (which has never been proven here),
there might be a few items that can be added to php to help LDAP
along..

Rick