suggestion for ldap attrs

Terry Davis tdavis@birddog.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:31:52 -0500

Right now there is a single field "name" which is cn in ldap terms.  It would be
best to split this up into First Name / Last Name and create a third field
Display Name which should be built on the first and last fields.

This would map as such:
First: givenName
Last: sn
Full: cn

This way is more compliant with popular ldap/address book clients like outlook,
netscape in case you decide to add exporting/importing functionality in the
future.

Also, this is probably a restriction I have somewhere.  not sure, but I think
objectclass person requires 'sn' and perhaps 'givenName'. I am getting an error
on my ldap server complaining that it wants 'sn' as well.

I will dig further on that one because I am just not sure.

Thank you,
--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator