[turba] suggestion for ldap attrs

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:31:53 +0200

Zitat von Terry Davis <tdavis@birddog.com>:

> Right now there is a single field "name" which is cn in ldap terms.  It would
> be
> best to split this up into First Name / Last Name and create a third field
> Display Name which should be built on the first and last fields.
>
> This would map as such:
> First: givenName
> Last: sn
> Full: cn
>
> This way is more compliant with popular ldap/address book clients like
> outlook,
> netscape in case you decide to add exporting/importing functionality in the
> future.

You're free to change your sources.php and attributes.php to whatever you like.
I'm not sure, but I think cn was used instead of givenName/sn because that is
what the public ldap servers return from a search.
Another point is the feature that lets you add names to you addressbook from
within imp. And the mail header only give you a full name.

This is not an optimal soulution, I know.

Jan.