help me understand how ldap-write works for turba

Terry Davis tdavis@birddog.com
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:51:12 -0500

Hello,

I have brought this up before but before I was having issues with access control
on the side of my ldap server.  I have since figured that out and can write to
my ldap server as a particular user.  I know turba at this time does not have a
way to tie auth'd users to personal ldap space but I should be able to
"hardcode" the information into the sources.php, correct?
Like this:

$cfgSources = array();

$cfgSources['birddog-abook'] = array(
    'title' => 'BirdDog Address Book',
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'ldap.birddog.com',
        'port' => 389,
        'root' => 'ou=People,dc=birddog,dc=com',
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => 'person',
        'filter' => ''
    ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'dn',
        'name' => 'cn',
        'fname' => 'givenName',
        'lname' => 'sn',
        'email' => 'mail',
        'title' => 'title',
        'workPhone' => 'telephoneNumber',
        'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
        'fax' => 'facsimileTelephoneNumber',
        'workAddress' => 'postalAddress'
    ),
    'public' => true,
    'readonly' => true
);

$cfgSources['tdavis-abook'] = array(
    'title' => 'Terry Davis Address Book',
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'ldap.birddog.com',
        'port' => 389,
        'root' => 'ou=People,uid=td,ou=People,dc=birddog,dc=com',
        'binddn' => 'uid=td,ou=People,dc=birddog,dc=com',
        'bindpw' => 'password',
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => 'person',
        'filter' => ''
    ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'dn',
        'name' => 'cn',
        'fname' => 'givenName',
        'lname' => 'sn',
        'email' => 'mail',
        'title' => 'title',,
        'workPhone' => 'telephoneNumber',
        'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
        'fax' => 'facsimileTelephoneNumber',
        'workAddress' => 'postalAddress'
    ),
    'public' => false,
    'readonly' => false
);

The top one is the public addressbook that everyone has read-only access to.
The second one is my personal addressbook.  Notice the 'binddn' and 'bindpw'
lines.  These authentication methods work fine for another program so I know I
am getting the permissions correct this time.

Here is what I see when I try to add an entry.  It gives the a 'doc contains no
data' in netscape.

1) is my syntax correct above?
2) is there a way to get some debug information from turba?

Also, why are turba preferences configured from imp?  Just curious.
Turba is looking awesome.  I like the import/export stuff.
Thank you

--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator