[turba] Case sensitive vs. case insensitive search

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:02:03 -0400

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr@umich.edu>:

> I had to change to change all of the table and field references in
> horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php to upper case to get HORDE/IMP working
> properly with oci8.

Right, and I followed all that - was just wondering how it was related to the
user of UPPER()/LOWER().

I had an idea on the case problem - would aliasing columns in the queries solve
things? For instance, if instead of:

select foo, bar

we did:

select foo as foo, bar as bar

would they come back lowercase? Can you test this?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the