[turba] Correct Way to Implement Public & Private Addressbook s?

m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:31:04 -0400

Turba is 0.0.3-cvs
Horde is latest cvs

I've added a whole new section, identical in every way to the
original "Local SQL" one, except for:

1. $cfgsources is ['privatesql'], instead of localsql
2. title is 'Private List' instead of Local SQL
3. public is now set to false.

Should the table be the same as well? As well as
params and map array? So far I can add entries,
as well as see entries, but they are *all* public.

Thank you,

-mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Hagenbuch [mailto:chuck@horde.org]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 2:08 PM
To: turba@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [turba] Correct Way to Implement Public & Private
Addressbooks?

Quoting m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com:

> I currently have my "localsql" set to "public => true"
> Am I correct to believe that I simply need to create another
> group, ie "privatesql or private" with similiar entries for
> this? How and where do I make it so that a user upon
> adding an entry makes it either public and/or private?

Yup. If there are multiple addressbooks that are writeable, the user will be

prompted which to add it to when they click "Add". Addresses added from IMP
will be added to whichever addressbook is selected in IMP's 'add_source'
preference.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.