[turba] ldap user auth

Julian Jares julian@jares.com.ar
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:09:28 -0300

Quoting Terry Davis <tdavis@birddog.com>:

> [...]
> Yes.  If I can at least get that information in a variable somehow
> (securely), then it _should_ be easy to implement that into the
> /turba/config/sources.php file.  This I will have to learn a bit of php for
> but that is not a big deal.   Chuck hinted that this might be a bad idea.  I
> am guessing there might be security concerns if we start throwing the auth
> information around.

I think Chuck is not worried about security (in this matter), but for
the "integrity" of the framework. You can actually use turba without imp right
now, but if you add that modification, you will be imp dependant for turba.
Maybe the right way to go is to add functions (or function hooks) for
authentication (and user information) in horde, but I just don't know if that's
too much work.
I do agree private addressbooks are a must have.

--
Julian