[turba] ldap user auth

Terry Davis tdavis@birddog.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:34:52 -0500

well you kinda touched on exactly what I am doing.
horde uses my imap server for auth.  my imap server uses my ldap server for auth.  that way, horde doesnt have to go through the work of configuring and talking directly to an ldap server.
Why would you want to mix and match your authentication stuff?  In theory, all of your users are part of the same authentication system whether it be ldap,sql,ftp,imap, or whatever.  If not, each module (i think) has its own authentication hooks so you can specify each one individually.

excuse me but I really have little clue about what I am talking about so <slap> me if I am out of line.

Thank you,

--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator