[turba] Fw: CSV-Export from Outlook Express seperated by ';'

Jeroen Vermeulen (Privé) mail@jcmvermeulen.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:29:19 +0200

Hello,

I am using Horde 2.0 and Turba 1.1 RC2.
On my Windows-machine I am using Ms Outlook Express 5.0

When I use the Outlook Express Adressbook to export a CSV, that CSV is
seperated by ' ;  ' and not by ' , '.
When I tried to import such a file in Turba, Turba only sees one big field,
and no data.

I fixed it by changing line 170 of  /horde/turba/data.php.
Old line:
$importData = $csv->importFile($HTTP_POST_FILES['import_file']['tmp_name'],
$header, ',');
replaced by:
$importData = $csv->importFile($HTTP_POST_FILES['import_file']['tmp_name'],
$header,';');

the only thing I changed is the ',' on the end of the line to ';'.

Of course now I can't read 'normal' CSV-files anymore, so: is there someone
who would like to write an autodetect to see if the CSV is seperated by ';'
or by ',' ?

Kind regards,
Jeroen Vermeulen.
WebShepherds.com