[turba] importing / exporting TSV files - patch (take 1)

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:25:47 -0400 (EDT)

> I was a bit slow, I just recognized that TSV means tab seperated values. :-)
> Did you try if fgetcsv works with the delimiter set to "\t"?

fgetcsv does work using a delimiter of \t, but it follows the rules for
CSV (meaning double quotes in the data get interpreted as field markers).
As my primary reson for doing this is to be able to import pine
addressbooks, and since (frankly), pine does some pretty ugly things when
writing it's addressbooks, I needed something that *only* split on the
delimiter provided - not something that used other rules.

Liam