[turba] LDAP and multiple values for mail attribute

Sebastien Just sebastienjust@free.fr
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:29:14 +0200

Hi,
I'm using Turba to connect to my LDAP server.
Users are using the search function to browse my LDAP (over wich Exim is
connected) to find email for their co-workers.
But, for some people, my LDAP server has multiple "mail" attributes as they
have multiple email addresses (aliases).
When displayed in Turba, such adresses appears all in the same line in the
table result.

For example , in my LDAP
    user    Sebastien JUST
    mail    sebastien.just@mydomain.com
    mail    informatique@mydomain.com
    maildir    /var/export/spool/mail/sjust/

And in Turba
    Sebastien JUST        sebastien.just@mydomain.com
informatique@mydomain.com
instead of
    Sebastien JUST        sebastien.just@mydomain.com
    Sebastien JUST        informatique@mydomain.com

It is really annoying because when you click on the mail URL , IMP starts a
new mail with both adresses on the same line for the same user :
    Sebastien JUST <sebastien.just@mydomain.com informatique@mydomain.com>

and this generates an error, so the mail can not be distributed.
Has anyone got the answer ? is it a bug from Turba or a misconfiguration ?
I think I shall not be the unique user getting such a problem.

Thanks for help !
Sebastien JUST

PS : Sorry for my so baaad english .