[turba] Groups

Tarjei Huse tarjei+a_lists.phpgw@nu.no
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:18:31 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to implement mailgroups in Ldap. Has anyone had the same idea?

Basicly this could be implemented as a part of each users prefs or as a part of
each adressbook. I prefer the last one, but do see a lot of good reasons for
the first.

My basic idea is to use group of uniqe names. A basic ldif is:
dn:cn=salesgroup,dc=example,dc=com
cn: salesgroup
objectclass: groupofNames
objectclass: top
member: cn=fred blogs,dc=example,dc=com
member: cn=somebody else,dc=example,dc=com

I haven't looked too closely at the sourcecode of turba, but this should be
fairly easy to implement.

Also, I'd like to use the code as an admin feature. Instead of having the
public and readonly config directives, I'd like to be able to controll who's
allowed access to a defined groupofnames. Since this functionality would be
very simmilar to the interface used to create normal groups, so I guess it
should be a breeze to create once we got the first up.

This isn't hard is it?

I only got experience with the ldap side of things. I need a lot of help on
where to start etc.

Tarjei