[turba] Mail lists

Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:47:52 -0500

Quoting Alain Williams <addw@phcomp.co.uk>:

> I would like to know if there is any way of having small mail lists
> within the turba contact address scheme.
>
> Thanks

While technically not supported, you can get away with it in most cases
as long as you want, as you note, small mailing lists, and are not
to picky about how they expand.

There is work being done on Turba to allow real mailing lists.

Until then, as stated in the faq, just make an entry where the email
field contains a comma seperated list of addresses.  Field size is limited,
so it won't work for large lists.  Also, depending on how you use it, the
actual expansion will vary, but in any case the people on the list should
get the mail which is the main point.

If you try different expansions methods (addressbook lookup, expand names
button, etc) and find one you like, then stick with that method and the
results should be the same each time.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage