[turba] LDAP Driver

Lee lee@disinfo.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:24:44 -0400

Has anyone implemented a per user address book for turba using ldap? I
see a default shared address book in sources.php, but nothing for per
user (private) ldap.

Thanks,
Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: turba-bounces@lists.horde.org
[mailto:turba-bounces@lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Edwin Culp
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 5:04 PM
To: turba@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [turba] LDAP Driver

Quoting Lee <lee@disinfo.com>:

| I'm looking to install the latest turba release, and I was hoping to
be
| able to store all the address book entries in our ldap directory under
| each user's account entry. The docs reference turba's ability to do
this
| with turba's LDAP schema driver. Unfortunately the tar ball only seems
| to contain a sql driver in the scripts/drivers folder. I see an ldap
| driver in the horde tarball that lists a turbaPrefs attribute. Turba
| doesn't store all the addressbook entries as a string in this single
| field does it? What am I missing?

The schema that you see under horde/scripts/ldap/horde.schema is for
storing your prefs in ldap and you will need to add them to your
slapd.conf if you want to use them.

You should probably look at horde/turba/config/sources.php.dist that has
an ldap example at the bottom.  You can add to the map section but you
will need to add corresponding entries to
horde/turba/config/attributes.php.

I hope this helps get you started.

ed