[turba] Fwd: Possible Bug for CSV import for the stable version?

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:07:42 +0200

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> ----- Forwarded message from dh@uptime.at -----
> I hope, that I may call you Chuck. I have a little question and was
> wondering if this is a known bug and if there is a fix allready.
> We are trying to import CSV files, which have had a little strange path.
> They have been exported by Entourage and the opened in Excel to check
> that
> all is well. Then saved and we tried to import them.
>
> The Import filter sees the data as one long string and therefore we
> cannot
> porperly assigne fields. What we see is:
>
> Name;First Name; blah; da; nogga; etc;
>
> Usually Name, First Name and so on should be seperate fields, but the
> importer sees them as one string. The seperating value is a ; does that
> make a difference?

Of course this is a difference. These are no _comma_ separated values! We
have some experimental import features in CVS that use PEAR's File_CSV
package but didn't get much feedback so far. Perhaps you might want to try that.

Jan.