[turba] Re: Problem with French Characters

ILLAN Sebastian sillan80@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:11:37 +0200

Hi,

I've set the 'encoding' => 'utf8' in the sources.php but it's doesnt do
anything...

"Pär Aronsson" <par.aronsson@nohup.se> a écrit dans le message news:
1031678654.792.33.camel@aron...
Hello Chuck, Illan and everybody,

This has been asked on this list a number of times, but AFAIK hasn't
been solved.
My experience is that 'encoding' => 'utf8' doesn't do the trick. It will
help read special chars correctly, but not write!
I've tried several versions of Turba/Horde and php.

A question to everybody on this list:
Has anybody been able to add entries to ldap with characters like
éèêöüàäå?

If so what's the trick? What version of php, Horde and Turba are you
using? Does it have anything to do with php.ini?

It would be great if this could be solved, it's a big annoyance for us
in countries not speaking english.

//   Pär Aronsson