[turba] small bug in 1.1

Andrew Morgan morgan@orst.edu
Wed Oct 9 00:29:54 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
>
> > I'd vote for the Turba attribute name. People should need to touch
> > attributes.php only if really necessary.
>
> How are these things related?
>
> -chuck

I think Jan is a little off on this.  :)

In the sources.php file, you have specify either the Turba attribute name
or the ldap attribute name.  There is no need to mess with the
attributes.php file, at least not in relation to this problem.

I don't think it really matters which attribute name is used on the
sources.php file.  Either way, the admin is probably going to need to know
the ldap attribute name, so I don't think it is too much work to use it
there.

Actually, this is also a problem in the localsql example.  It uses the sql
column name in the strict array, similar to the localldap example.

Conceptually, it would be better if Turba attribute names were used in the
strict array because they are already used in the search array.  Also,
once the mapping is done, Turba attribute names should be used everywhere
to keep the interface abstracted.

	Andy