[turba] compose address book problem

Andrew Morgan morgan@orst.edu
Thu Nov 14 18:17:00 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, John P Reber wrote:

> Imp 3.1, Turba 1.1 on RedHat linux 7.3
>
> When I click on the the addressbook icon from within horde, I get a search
> screen where I can enter a value and that quickly returns a list of users
> matching that value.
>
> When I'm in Imp's compose window and click on Address Book, it takes minutes and
> seems to be returning the entire universities LDAP server.
>
> Did I configure something incorrectly or is this expected behavior?

That is the expected behavior.  You have a couple of choices for fixing
it:

1. In imp/config/prefs.php, set your add_source (at the bottom of the
file) to something other than the ldap server address book.  The add
source is the default addressbook that pops up when you click Addressbook
from the compose window.  However, if someone switches to the ldap
addressbook and clicks search without putting in any parameters, you'll
still get the whole list from ldap.

2. I have a set of patches for turba 1.1 that lets the ldap client (Turba,
in this case) specify a sizelimit in the ldap query.  I set mine to 200 so
that you can't abuse the ldap server.  Plus, even blank queries come back
fast because it only returns the first 200 matches.  You can set the
sizelimit in Turba's sources.php config file.  Let me know if you are
interested.

	Andy