[turba] different root dn in config/sources.php for each ou in ldap ..

Deepak Lele deepak_lele@consultant.com
Fri Nov 22 11:32:39 2002

How can I have a different root dn in config/sources.php for each ou in LDAP ? I have 3 ous ou=1, ou=2 and ou=3 under my O=mycompany, each ou having it's own mail domains and users under these ous are like cn=user@1.com,ou=1 and cn=user@2.com,ou=2 etc.

What I want is 1.com users should only see entries under ou=1 ( i.e. only their domain users ) when they do a search, 2.com users should only see entries under ou=2 and so on. Idea is to have a separate Global Address Book for each domain that I am having.

If I set 'root' => 'O=mycompany' under LDAP Source configuration in my /config/sources.php all entries will be available to all 3 domain users. If I set it as 'root' => 'ou=1, O' then only users under ou=1 are searchable and similarly for the other 2 cases.

How can I achieve this ?

Can I have a different sources.php file parsed for each ou depending on the user logon, because my uids are like user@domain.com and there I can differentiate between user from domain 1.com and 2.com etc. ?

Please help.

Deepak.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom