[turba] LDAP question

eculp@encontacto.net eculp@encontacto.net
Sun Nov 24 14:40:10 2002

Quoting Richard Heggs <richard.heggs@nottinghamcity.gov.uk>:

 | Hi List,
 |
 | Quick question... my understanding of LDAP isn't great :/
 |
 | HOw can I configure an LDAP directory in sources.php so that users can
 | update
 | their own details, but not anyone else's?
Richard,

I do it with acl's in my slapd.conf file.

Something like the following, after changing to your directory structure,
may work for you if you are using openldap, if not it will give you an
idea to follow.  There are may ways to skin the proverbial cat.

access  to      dn="mail=.+,ou=people,o=yourdomain.com"
        by      self    write
        by      anonymous       auth
        by      *       read

Good luck,