[turba] LDAP ADD CONTACT

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Dec 4 04:07:16 2002

Quoting Partha <parth11@yahoo.com>:

 | Hi All
 | I want to use LDAP for my personal address book.I went
 | through lot of reading material but still can't get it
 | right.
I've got a few questions below that could possibly be part of the
problem but again they could just be typos because this may not
be a cut and paste of your sources.php.

 | I have problem adding contact to my personal address
 | book.
 |
 | my sources.php looks like this--->
 | $cn = Auth::getAuth();

You are sure that the above returns the value of the directory attribute
for cn in all cases?  CN then is what you use for login.

 | #$temp = Auth::getCredential('password');
 | #preg_match = ("/(^.*)@/"),$cn,$cn);
 | #Print $cn ."-This is cn--";
 |
 | /**
 |  * A local directory in an LDAP directory. This
 | implements a public (shared)
 |  * address book.
 |  */
 | $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
 |     'title' => 'Shared LDAP Directory',
 |     'type' => 'ldap',
 |     'params' => array(
 |         'server' => 'localhost',
 |         'port' => 389,
 |         'root' => 'ou='.$cn.',ou=Personal Address
 | Book,dc=my-domain,dc=com',

How can you have a dynamic value for the above ou attribute?  That would
mean that there is an entry in your directory something like the following
for each user.

dn: ou=user1,ou=Personal Address Book,dc=my-domain,dc=com
ou: user1
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=user2,ou=Personal Address Book,dc=my-domain,dc=com
ou: user1
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

Do you have that?

 |         'bind_dn' =>
 | 'cn='.$cn.',ou=people,dc=my-domain,dc=com',

The above would seem to be ok but I'm confused because of the # before
bind_password.  If the password isn't present you could get "no write access".
The first would/should be correct with the above line.

 | 	#'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
 |         #'bind_password' => '********',
 |         'dn' => array('cn'),
 |         'objectclass' => 'person',
 |         'version' => 3
 |     ),
 |     'map' => array(
 |         '__key' => 'dn',
 |         'name' => 'cn',
 |         'email' => 'mail',
 |         'homePhone' => 'telephonenumber',
 |         'workPhone' => 'workphonenumber',
 |         'cellPhone' => 'cellphonenumber',
 |         'homeAddress' => 'homeaddress'
 |     ),
 |     'search' => array(
 |         'name',
 |         'email',
 |         'homePhone',
 |         'workPhone',
 |         'cellPhone',
 |         'homeAddress'
 |     ),
 |     'strict' => array(
 |         'dn'
 |     ),
 |     'public' => true,
 |     'readonly' => false,
 |     'admin' => array(),
 |     'export' => true
 | );
 |

 | My ACCESS CONTROL looks slapd.conf---->
 |
 | access to dn="ou=.*,ou=Personal Address
 | Book,dc=desmac,dc=com"
 | 	by * read
 | 	by dn="cn=$1,ou=people,dc=my-domain,dc=com" write

The above should work if you have actually declared each user as an
organizationalUnit, which there is nothing wrong with, BTW.  I just
haven't run across it before.

I hope this helps you find the problem.  I could very well have overlooked
other things, I'm a bit tired and not familiar with you directory structure.
The most probable cause would be # before the password value above.

ed