[turba] Same addressbook on diff. mail servers

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Dec 13 17:30:15 PST 2002

Quoting "Hobbs, Richard" <hobbs@mongeese.co.uk>:

 | Hello,
 |
 | I'm using Horde with only IMP installed, and i would like to be able to
 | access
 | several mail servers, with different username and passwords.
 |
 | This isn't a problem at all, but what i'm not sure about is how the
 | preferences
 | and addressbook are stored.
 |
 | If i log into account #1, for example, i type in my details for this server
 | (e.g. rwhobbs/passwd), and then if i log into account #2, i would type in
 | seperate login details (e.g. hobbsrichard/passwd).
 |
 | How would Horde/IMP tell that i am in fact the same user, and that i want to
 | be
 | able to access the same addressbook from all of my accounts?
 |
 | Is this possible?? Someone please reply, one of u must have done this
 | before...

Richard,

I'm glad to see that you have subscribed to turba.  As I mentioned in a
previous answer.  This is the list for your questions.  Have you downloaded
and installed turba yet?   Have you looked at the
horde/turba/config/sources.php that will be copied from sources.php.dist
after your having followed the instructions in horde/turba/docs/INSTALL.
I doubt that you will find limitations in turba, I haven't.

Remember the machine that you install horde/imp/turba on is the machine
that has your horde/imp/turba configuration files for turba not the mail
server that you are using imp to access. I will authenticate you for
the horde modules if you configure it to do so.

I hope this helps.

ed