[turba] LDAP-based shared address book in Turba

Ragnar Wisløff ragnar at wisloff.no
Fri Dec 20 21:02:17 PST 2002

Quoting Ragnar Wisløff <ragnar@wisloff.no>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm struggling to get Turba to use my LDAP directory.
>
> Spec is Horde 2.1 and Turba 1.0, LDAP 2.0.23 and php* 4.1.2
(horde

> RPMS) on an RHL 7.3 system.
>
> I've configured /etc/openldap/slapd.conf so that
>
> rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=gnett,dc=her"
> rootpw          {crypt}encryptedpasswd
>

> and turba/config/sources.php
>
> $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
>     'title' => 'Fellesliste',
>     'type' => 'ldap',
>     'params' => array(
>         'server' => 'localhost',
>         'port' => 389,
>         'root' => 'dc=gnett,dc=her',
>         'bind_dn' => 'cn=Manager,cn=gnett,cn=her',
>         'bind_password' => 'cleartextpasswd',
>         'dn' => array('cn'),
>         'objectclass' => 'person',
>        'version' => 3
>
> The rest of $cfgSources is unchanged.
>
> I know LDAP is working, GQ and Mozilla works fine. But trying to
> list My address book "Fellesliste" only results in a blank page.
>
> I don't understand what is not working, if it's the actual
> connection to the LDAP server that fails, authentication or
> something else. Having read other posts on this issue, all seems
> to be well. But where is the mistake? Is there a mismatch between
>
> the rootdn and the actual branch of LDAP that holds the users? I
> did try
>
> 'root' => 'ou=People,dc=gnett,dc=her',
>
> but that made no change.
>
> Reading the pdf linked to on your web page was interesting, but a
>
> bit complicated for a newbie.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Could it be that the Horde RPMS have broken the LDAP support? I
have

php-4.1.2-0horde1
php-ldap-4.1.2-0horde1

and a <?php print phpinfo(); ?> returns nothing about LDAP, as it
should. Any script trying to use ldap_* functions return an error
to the effect that the functions do not exist.

Has anyone actually made LDAP support work with Turba, using the
"official" Horde RPMs?

--
Mvh Ragnar Wisløff