[turba] Login capitalization is not respected

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Fri Jan 10 10:14:16 PST 2003

Hello,

My apologies if this is already fixed or has been discussed, I didn't see
it in bugzilla or in the MARC archives, with the exception of Chuck
discussing it on 2001-09-17 (well before the 1.1 release.)

We are running Horde 2.1 with Turba 1.1.

The problem that we're seeing occurs if a user logs in using USERNAME (in
all caps) for their username and then creates entries in Turba. These
entries will get written to the MySQL DB with the 'owner_id'=USERNAME.
(again, all caps)

The problem comes when the user again logs in, using simply 'username'.
(lower caps) The entries belonging to that user are displayed when
browsing the address book, but the user is unable to edit or delete the
entries created when logged in as USERNAME. (all caps)

Can Turba be changed to always write to the DB in a unified manner,
independent of the case of the username that Horde presents?

Thanks.

-mp