[turba] Import Outlook AddressBook to turba

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Sun Jan 19 18:42:26 PST 2003

Quoting Ernesto Garcia <otsenre76 at yahoo.com>:

> Hi
>
> I have two questions about Turba?
>
> 1.  Wich is the file of AddressBook on Outlook Express to import this to
> Turba
>
> 2. How import from Turba the Outlook AddressBook
>
> Thanks
>
> Ernesto Garcia

Here is a document i drafted when working on this issue.  Basically there are
two methods.  Export your contacts to CSV or PST (outlook personal folder
thingy).  I had the best luck with the CSV method and here's the breakdown of
how the fields map.  This may not work on your implementation, at the time we
had Personal Addressbook being stored with the SQL backend.

FOR CALENDAR EVENTS

Map Data Fields Step:

=====================

Outlook Fields				Kronolith Fields

--------------				----------------

Subject					Title

Start Date				Start Date

Start Time				Start Time

End Date				End Date

End Time				End Time

Reminder Date				Alarm Date

Reminder Time				Alarm Time

Categories				Category

Description				Description

Location				Location

Ignore the following:

All Day Event				Alarm Span (minutes)

Reminder on/off				Keywords

Meeting Organizer			Recurrence Type

Required Attendees			Recurrence End Date

Optional Attendees			Recurrence Interval

Meeting Resources			Recurrence Data

Billing Information

Mileage

Priority

Private

Sensitivity

Show time as

Map Date and Time Fields Step:

==============================

Change all date fields to "MM/DD/YY" format.

FOR CONTACT OBJECTS

1) Export from Outlook to DOS Comma Separated File.

2) Edit custom mappings to included grouped elements for the following:

	Name

		-> Title

		-> Firstname

		-> Middlename

		-> Lastname

		-> Suffix

	Home Address

		-> Home Street

		-> Home Street 2

		-> Home Street 3

		-> Home City

		-> Home State

		-> Home Postal Code

		-> Home Country

	Work Address

		-> Business Street

		-> Business Street 2

		-> Business Street 3

		-> Business City

		-> Business State

		-> Business Postal Code

		-> Business Country

	And include the direct fields needed for the mappings below.

	Email

		-> Email Address

	Home Phone

		-> Home Phone

	Work Phone

		-> Business Phone

	Fax

		-> Business Fax

	Mobile Phone

		-> Cell Phone

	Title

		-> Job Title

	Company

		-> Company

	Notes

		-> Notes

3) Now in Turba, import this CSV file (indicating that the headers are

included in the first row).  Map the above pairs in Turba and add them to

the list of pairs to import.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan at studiesabroad.com