[turba] Re: [imp] Turba hangs when importing a CVS file

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 27 14:29:24 PST 2003

First of all, this discussion belongs to the Turba mailing list.

Zitat von Bruno Negrao <imp-bnegrao at engepel.com.br>:

> Hi Mike and others,
>
> Yeah, CVS stands for comma separated values. I created this cvs file
> using

Aha, and that's where CVS comes from? I guess you're talking about CSV.
And you still didn't say what version you use, so I guess (again) you're
using Turba 1.1.

> the export feature of outlook express 6.0. So, I really don't think there
> is
> something unusual with the cvs file. Also, I cheked the 1 entry in the

How did you come to this conclusion? Did you make the experience that there
is never something unsual with data produced by Microsoft products? I didn't.
Some Outlook (Express) versions use(d) to export csv data with semicolons as
delimiters. Is that why csv is the abbreviation of _comma_ separated values?

Also the data might contain linebreaks inside one data "line". This won't
work unless you are using Turba from CVS (HEAD branch).

> cvs
> file presents the fields names, as turba expects (when you select that
> option "If importing CSV data: does the first row contain the field
> names?")
>
> Turba 'hangs' right after I press the 'import' button.
>
> thanks for any help,
> bruno

Jan.