[turba] OpenLDAP and turba - two fields problem

Dan Tulovsky dant at wetsnow.com
Sun Feb 2 20:24:30 PST 2003

Hello.

I am trying to get Turba (CVS version) to work with OpenLdap 2.1.12.  I want
to setup a shared address book.  It is mostly working, but I am having
trouble with two fields.  This is my map file

    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'dn',
        'name' => 'cn',
        'email' => 'mail',
        'title' => 'title',
        'company' => 'o',
        'workAddress' => 'postalAddress',
        'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
        'fax' => 'facsimileTelephoneNumber',
        'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
        'notes' => 'description'
    )

The two fields that do not work are: 'fax' => 'facsimileTelephoneNumber' and
'workAddress' => 'postalAddress'.

Now, when I create a new entry and I populate those fields, they get added
to LDAP.  I can go in and look at the data I put in through an LDAP browser.
When I edit the record through Turba, both of those fields come up blank.  I
can put data in them and it gets saved, but I can never display it properly.
The two entries in the attributes file are:

$attributes['fax'] = array(
    'type' => 'phone',
    'desc' => _("Fax")
);

$attributes['workAddress'] = array(
    'type' => 'multiline',
    'desc' => _("Work Address")
);

I can see int he ldap debug output that turba requests those two fields, but
it does not display them properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to debug this further?  The params
are:

$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
    'title' => _("Wetsnow Clients Directory"),
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'ldap.myserver.com',
        'port' => 389,
        'root' => 'ou=Clients,dc=mydomain,dc=com',
        'bind_dn' => 'cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com',
        'bind_password' => 'password',
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => array('organizationalPerson','inetOrgPerson'),
        'charset' => 'utf-8',
        'version' => 3
    ),

Thank you,