[turba] modifications

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Wed Feb 19 08:03:44 PST 2003

> Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:
> > - wanted to have expandable sections to forms. so that a large form could
> > be shown on the screen but that the user could slide open the sections
> > that need to be filled in, or slide closed the ones that are not required.
> > was playing with that in turba, by setting up "header" type fields in the
> > attributes. if we do strict "source" mapping, this is no longer possible,
> > as header fields are obviously not in the source.
>
> I can't quite make a coherent idea out of this paragraph. What do you want
> to do?

say you have a form, 40-50 fields, divided up into sections: personal data, home
contact, work contact, work status details, some preferences, some misc
membership data... and it becomes a huge form that needs to be scrolled several
screens to be filled in. but then it might not be all filled in at once, maybe
section 1+4 for one person, section 1,2+5 for another, etc... it's easy to get
lost and not know what has been filled in and what hasn't.
so i've played around with adding a param to the "header" horde_form field type
which can set that section as collapsed. so you get a compact view of the form
and only expand the sections that are needed at input time, and as they are needed.

i'll try and clean it up today tomorrow and commit it to the horde_form code so
you can see...

m.