[turba] modifications

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Wed Feb 19 14:03:55 PST 2003

yes, it would be helpful if someone with ldap knowledge could link up some
theory to what can be done in practice. for example could sorting be done on the
ldap prior to handing the data over to turba? i've noticed there's an
ldap_sort() function which seems to do this... scant on documentation but would
it have the same effect as "ORDER BY" in sql?

what would be the implications for the current turba functionality by moving
sort to the sql/ldap?

my reason for moving sorting to the sql/ldap is that in that case the raw data
can be received already sorted and if need be then the paging can be done in php
(which cannot be done until the data is sorted), rather than sorting with php an
array containing a 1000 or so objects.

m.