[turba] patch + thoughs

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Tue Feb 25 12:06:54 PST 2003

Quoting Aide Florent <faide at alphacent.com>:

> ** the "last_first" and "first_last" format in the display name does not work
> but is not just some inversion in lib/Turba.php because when I search by name
> turba actually searches by surname (is it the name ? in french we call it
> "Nom" and "Prénom" )

what exactly do you mean by saying that the last name function "does not work"?

on a related subject (might be the same problem) here in italy the last name
function gets often messed up because there is the habit to enter names in the
format <lastname> <firstname>. and when you add to that multi-word last names
you get the most confusing sorting.

overall i don't particularly like the hard-coding of a single "name" field.
often it is much more useful to have separate fields. maybe it should be done
that we start off with two fields but give the option for people to use just
one? just thinking aloud... no idea what consequences this has on ldap etc..