[turba] Re: [core] Webmail and IMSP

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Sun Mar 2 20:14:44 PST 2003

> > Be interested to know what you think about this - even though IMSP is
> > almost moribund, it could be an interesting addition.
>
> Definitely. Please send and discuss what you have to the turba mailing list.
> If you already have working code and it follows our coding standards,
> patches against CVS HEAD will very likely find their way to the code tree.

I thought that part of the issue was that Cyrusoft had made the CMU IMSP
code into a stand alone library, and then not released that library to the
public.  I know that you can download the IMSP enabled version of PHP from
Cyrusoft as part of the Silkymail distribution, but that's not really an
acceptable solution.  I think it would probably be more worthwhile to take
the CMU code and independently library-ize it.

It looks like it was originally intended to be an addition to UW's
c-client, and realistically, the Cyrusoft libimsp is really just a pared
down c-client distro told to call itself libimsp instead of c-client.

I'm pretty sure that Chuck wrote the IMSP php extension.  Do we just need
a publically available IMSP library to link against?

http://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/imsp-api-v1.00a4.tar.gz

Liam