[turba] Re: [core] Webmail and IMSP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Mar 3 10:23:49 PST 2003

Quoting Martin Wellard <veg at gold.ac.uk>:

> Hello,
> > Can anyone who's touched IMSP more recently than I say if this is a
> viable
> > alternative?
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpimspclass/
> These are the classes I've been using to provide IMSP support here.
>
> They're extremely simple and are currently plaintext auth only, but they
> work well and without needing the PHP3 IMSP module.

As this project is maintained by a single author and he didn't work on it
for 7 month, someone should simply ask him if he objects integrating his
code in Horde. Perhaps we'll do a favour to him.

Re: authentication: We already use the Auth_SASL module in Ingo (as a
dependency for Net_Sieve) so that integrating of SASL authentication
shouldn't be too hard.

Kerberos authentication can eventually be done by the krb5 extension we
already use in our Auth_krb5 driver, though I've never taken a closer look
at it.

Jan.