[turba] 1.2RC2 and speed

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Mon Mar 3 07:54:26 PST 2003

I have several ODBC address sources defined that look in views of an Informix
database to display contact information from various other vertical
applications.  Under 1.1 queries to these datasources was nearly instantaneous.
 Under 1.2RC2 they take a REALLY long time.  /tmp/horde.log doesn't seem to show
any complaints and the web server isn't crashing, as results to eventually
return.  Manual SQL queries on the views also return instantaneously.  Is there
any method whereby I can track down the source of the delay.
--------------------------
$cfgSources['sacustomer'] = array(
    'title' => 'SA Customer File',
    'type' => 'sql',
    'params' => array(
        'phptype' => 'odbc',
        'hostspec' => 'miecr',
        'username' => 'intranet',
        'password' => 'intranet',
        'database' => '',
        'table' => 'v_turba_sacustomer'
    ),
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'record_id',
        '__type' => 'object_type',
        'sacustid' => 'customerno',
        'name' => 'name',
        'workPhone' => 'phone',
        'fax' => 'fax',
        'workAddress' => 'address',
        'salespersoncode' => 'salespersoncode',
        'salesperson' => 'salesperson'
    ),
    'search' => array(
        'name',
        'salespersoncode',
        'sacustid'
    ),
    'strict' => array(
        'record_id'
    ),
    'public' => true,
    'readonly' => true,
    'export' => false
);
--------------------------
create view v_turba_sacustomer (record_id,object_type,customerno,name,address,phone,
fax,salespersoncode,salesperson) as
select custid ,'Contact' ,custid ,
       TRIM(customer_name),
       TRIM(customer_addr1) || ' '
        || TRIM(customer_addr2 ) || ' '
        || TRIM(customer_city ) || ', '
        || TRIM(customer_state ) || ' '
        || TRIM(customer_zip) ,
      customer_phone, customer_fax, salesperson,
      sa_salesrep_name
from sa_customer, outer salesrep
where salesperson = sa_salesperson;