[turba] missing features

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Mon Mar 3 13:27:59 PST 2003

>some things i am missing for corporate use of turba; maybe there is already a
>way to have this working?
>- i have many addresses in the ldap source (localhost). my users prefer
>the "list" view. so loading the list takes many seconds. good would be
>a "outlook-like" - list: "A", "B", "C" - so per default only the "A" gets
>loaded when my users click on "list"

You could easily create 26 sources, each with a filter like, sn=a*  It would
accomplish pretty much the same thing.

>- categories! very important when having many contacts. ie show
>all "chairman" - with a drop down list showing the defined categories.

There isn't currently any way to do drop-down selects that I know of,  but you
can enable searching on attributes like "title" easily enough. It works for the
users here,  and we aren't talking about the cream of the human intellectual crop.

>- an easy (and/or) good way to sync with the palm (some are using a palm
>here).

There is some talk about that today over on the kronolith list,  apparently
someone has a rudimentary Palm Desktop plugin quasi-working.  He said he'll
create a list for it, now we just wait till he does.  Then send him lots of
effluent praise and appreciation.

>those would be very very good to have!

Turba has certainly improved in the last couple releases, and once they get the
bugs smashed in pre-1.2 it will be just about the best address book out there.
I'm certain the future holds only more good stuff.

>thanks and kep up the good work with horde...

Yes