[turba] Re: Re: outlook and ldap

Lucius Junevicus ljunevicus at delphinus.com
Tue Mar 18 14:29:33 PST 2003

This is the default Outlook behavior.  (I wish there was a registry key or
something to turn this off)

Here's a KB article that spells this out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281022
According to the article:
CAUSE
This behavior is by design. When you connect to an LDAP directory, the
entire contents of the directory do not appear. This is to prevent long
download times over dial-up connections. Instead, Outlook supports paged
results.
WORKAROUND
To work around this behavior, use the Find feature in the Address Book to
search for the name:

  1.. In Outlook 2002, on the Tools menu, click Address Book.
  2.. On the Tools menu of the Address Book, click Find.
  3.. Type a name, and then click OK.

news:20030206100339.25821.qmail at web12506.mail.yahoo.com...