[turba] turba ldap and other mail programs

Bill Dossett bd at emtex.com
Wed Apr 9 12:22:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm setting up an ldap address book for
use with turba cvs HEAD in openldap 2.0.25 under
redhat 8.0... ldap is currently working
on my server and providing a centralized
authentication service and I must admit
that was one of the hardest things I've
ever setup and configured... so now I would
like to add an address book to it that turba
can use.  I am following the instruction provided
with turba and they are pretty clear and I
am about to start adding things to it, I think,
however I wondered, if anyone knows, would
I be able to use this same address book and link
it into netscape mail, and M$ outlook?  I'd
like to have one addressbook for my whole company
and I don't dictate what mail program my users
have to use, so I currently have people using
netscape 4.7x, 7.0x outlook - god knows what versions...
and eudora, fairly recent versions and whenever
someones pc is bust or they are away from the office,
they use IMP for their mail so they can continue
to operate...   sorry this is so long, and somewhat
OT, but if anyone has done this and has anything
to add to the docs that come with turba and advice
on if this address book can be linked to netscape
and the others, I would really appreciate any advice
before I get in any deeper,

Thanks for your help

Bill Dossett